This year Income Tax Department introduce electronic verification facility by using which you can avoid the signing and sending of the ITR-Verification form to CPC Bangalore. E-verification is possible through :-
- Aadhaar One-time password (OTP) for which you would have to authenticate your Aadhaar and link it with your PAN, or
- Net-banking where you can login to your netbanking account and get redirected to the efiling account directly or
- E-filing OTP (available only if the Returned Income is below Rs 5 Lakh and no refund is claimed).
- You are, therefore, kindly requested to login to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and download the free return preparation software with a host of new features to help you in preparing the Income Tax return and submit your return. You can also prepare and submit ITR1 and ITR4S online. Please take some time to browse through all the value –added services offered on the E-filing website that will help you prepare your return accurately and guide you in case of any prior pending items.
- Needless to mention that the quicker you submit your return and send the signed ITR-V (ITR-Verification) form to CPC, Bangalore, the faster your refund, if any, would be processed and credited to your bank account. As on 19th August 2015, over 6.4 lakh refunds have already been issued for AY 2015-16, many of them where return was e-verified! File early to get your return processed soon .
- 31.08.2015 is last date to file ITR for Non Audit Assesses.