EDUCATION LOAN SCHEME
Delhi government start a scheme to provide education loan to needy students. In my personal opinion, it is a welcome step by Delhi Government. Following are small details about EDUCATION LOAN SCHEME:-
Under the education loan scheme, the loan for pursuing professional and technical courses is being provided. The loan upto Rs.7.50 lakhs, if studying in India and upto Rs.15 lakhs if studying abroad can be sanctioned. The student/applicant must got the admission in any Govt. Recognized/approved institute/college/university for the professional/technical course. Either of the parents of the student will have to be the co-borrower for the loan. The applicant has to furnish certain documents and requires completing pre-sanction and post- sanction formalities as per the scheme subject to basic eligibility criteria.
DOCUMENTS TO BE ATTACHED WITH THE APPLICATION FORM
- Copy of the mark sheet of the last examination passed on the basis of which the applicant has obtained admission in present course.
- An income certificate issued by the sdm of the area concerned.
- Three passport size photos of applicant, co-borrower and guarantor.
- birth certificate/age proof
- Caste certificate issued by the competent authority of Delhi in case the applicant belongs to sc/st/obc category. Disability certificate issued by the govt. Hospital in case the applicant is handicapped. In case applicant belongs to minority community, an affidavit to this effect is required.
- Affidavit stating that no loan has been availed for the same purpose from any bank/financial institutions.
- Proof of admission in the particular course/college/institutions.
- Copies of letter confirming scholarship/free ship/studentship, if any.
- Copy of schedule of payment for the course or demand notice issued by the college/university.
- Copy of foreign expenses permit, if applicable.
- Statement of bank account of applicant and co- borrower.
- Signature verification of applicant/co-borrower and guarantor by the bank.
- Copy of ration card/voter i. Card/passport of applicant/co-borrower/guarantor.
- Statement of assets and liabilities of co-borrower.
- Applicant has to arrange number(s) of guarantor(s) depending upon the quantum of loan.