ekrastafinaljpgBoth applications can be applied together or it can also be applied separately also. If some organization is willing to apply both applications separately, then application for registration u/s 12A will be applied first. Getting 12A registration is must for applying application for registration u/s 80G of Income Tax Act, 1961.


Step-1: Dully filled-in application will be submitted to the exemption section of the Income Tax Department.

Step-2: NGO will receive notice for clarifications from Income Tax Department in 2-3 months after applying.

Step-3: Reply of notice will be submitted by the consultant along with all relevant desired documents to the Income Tax Departments.

Step-4: Consultant will personally visit the Income Tax Departments to follow-up the case on behalf of the applicant organization.

Step-5: Exemption Certificate will be issued.

Documents required for registration u/s 12A AND 80G:

  • Dully filled in Form – 10A for registration u/s 12A registration;
  • Dully filled in Form – 10G for registration u/s 80G registration;
  • Registration Certificate and MOA /Trust Deed (two copies – self attested by NGO head);
  • NOC from Landlord (where registered office is situated);
  • Copy of PAN card of NGO;
  • Electricity Bill / House tax Receipt /Water Bill (photocopy);
  • Evidence of welfare activities carried out & Progress Report since inception or last 3 years;
  • Books of Accounts, Balance Sheet & ITR (if any), since inception or last 3years;
  • List of donors along with their address and PAN;
  • List of governing body board of trustees members with their contact details;
  • Deed for verification Original RC and MOA /Trust;
  • Authority letter in favor of NGO Factory;
  • Any other document/ affidavit / undertaking information asked by the Income Tax department.

What is Section 12 A of Income Tax Act?

Income of an organization is exempted if NGO has 12-A registration. This is one time registration.

What is section 80-G of Income Tax Act?

If an organization has obtained certification under section 80-G of Income Tax Act then donors of that NGO can claim exemption from Income Tax. Earlier it was  not one time registration and trust were required to get 80G Certificate renewed after validity period. (Now Valid for Life Time)

Thanks & Regards | Sukhwinder Singh | Practising Company Secretary | +919999939069