Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched his pet project Skill India Campaign in New Delhi on the occasion of the World Youth Skills Day which included the launch of the National Skill Development Mission.
“This mission is not limited to skill, we have linked entrepreneurship to it,” the prime minister said.
Why this scheme was launched?
In order to wage a war against poverty & make India’s youth live happily with pride & dignity, Mr. Modi has launched a scheme.
Objective of ‘’Skill India’’
- To create opportunities, space and scope for the development of the talents of the Indian youth
- To develop more of those sectors which have already been put under skill development for the last so many years
- To identify new sectors for skill development and providing training and skill development to 500 million youth of our country by 2020
Features of “Skill India”
- The emphasis is to skill the youths in such a way so that they get employment and also entrepreneurship.
- Provide training support and guidance for all occupations and the training programmes would be on the line of international level.
- Emphasising on new areas like real estate, banking, tourism, jewellery designing and various other sectors.
- Creating a hallmark called ‘Rural India Skill’ to standardise and certify the training process.
Author | Priyanka