The following things are not deposits henceforth.
- Now we can issue compulsorily convertible debenture up-to 10 years.
- NCD unsecured listed at stock exchange.
- Now it should be non interested bearing received and held trust.
- Advance received for providing services in form of warranty or maintenance contract. the services should be provided as per common business practice or within 5 years whichever is less.
- Amount received from sectoral regulatory as per instruction of Govt.
- Advance received by the publishers.
- Subscription amount received by the Chit Companies.
- Amount received by the collective investment scheme as SEBI.
- Amount received by start-up companies Rs. 25 lakhs or above by issuing convertible note into equity or refundable.
- Amount received by a company from alternative investment funds/ domestic venture capital funds/mutual fund registered with SEBI.
Companies (Acceptance of Deposits) Amendment Rules, 2016 – Click here to view Rules