ZED or Zero Defect, Zero Effect scheme is a new initiative launched by the Narendra Modi led NDA government. The scheme is for MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) Sector to increase the quality of products matching global standards.
The main objective of ZED (Zero Effect, Zero Defect) scheme is to reduce the bad effect of products on environment. While MSME sector plays a big role in the GDP of India, the scheme will help contribute to environment as well.
Under the scheme, MSME sector is urged to make products with “Zero Defect” and “Zero Effect” on the environment, thus improving the brand image of the country. The prime minister also asked the MSME sector to make products at par with global standards.
Under the scheme, the MSME companies which follows the guidelines and meet the standards set by the ZED will be awarded ZED certification along with several benefits.
Benefits of ZED certification
- Credible recognition of the industry for international customers seeking investment in India
- Streamlined operations and lower costs
- Superior quality, reduced rejection and higher revenues
- Increased environmental & social benefits
- Additional employment generation
- Other benefits as announced by the Government from time to time
The interested companies can apply online for the assessment and ZED certification of their products on the official website at zed.org.in. The ZED scheme guidelines are available at the below URL – Website.