There are chances that you may not get printed forms which are necessary to exchange your notes or you can save time to fill them by standing in bank / queue by printing & filling the currency exchange form pdf file.
So simple suggestion is to take printout of above PDF, fill in advance at home and then approach bank.
- Take printout of exchange of old currency notes (download-request-slip-for-exchange-of-old-bank-notes-of-500-1000)
- Carry approved identity proof in case you are not visiting home branch of your bank account
(Click here to refer to Frequently Asked Question on Reserve Bank of India RBI website for details )
- Valid Identity proof is any of the following :
Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card, Pass Port, NREGA Card, PAN Card, Identity Card Issued by Government Department, Public Sector Unit to its Staff.
- Option 1 : Exchange old notes
At a time you can exchange 4000 Rs only, i.e. four 1000 Rs notes or 8 500 Rs notes or combination of them to maximum 4000 Rs, per day.
- Option 2 : Deposit old notes to your bank account
No limit for value or quantity of old bank notes to be credited to the bank account maintained by that person (KYC norms must be complete for the bank account).