Forms and Purpose
- ITR – 1 : For Individuals having Income from Salaries, one house property, other sources (Interest etc.) and having total income upto Rs.50 lakh.
- ITR – 2 : For Individuals and HUFs not carrying out business or profession under any proprietorship.
- ITR – 3 : For individuals and HUFs having income from a proprietary business or profession.
- ITR – 4 (SUGAM) : For presumptive income from Business & Profession.
- ITR – 5 : For persons other than,- (i) individual, (ii) HUF, (iii) company and (iv) person filing Form ITR-7.
- ITR – 6 : For Companies other than companies claiming exemption under section 11.
- ITR – 7 : For persons including companies required to furnish return under sections 139(4A) or 139(4B) or 139(4C) or 139(4D) or 139(4E) or 139(4F).
Checklist of documents and pre-requisites
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- Bank Statement
- TDS certificates
- Savings certificates/Deductions
- Interest statement showing interest paid to you throughout the year.
- Balance Sheet, P&L Account Statement and other Audit Reports wherever applicable.