The Finance Research Group at the Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is inviting papers for the IBBI-IGIDR Insolvency and bankruptcy reforms conference. The conference aims to cover presentations and discussions across the following set of themes:
- Enterprise value of firms in insolvency
- Creditor and debtor incentives in insolvency
- Measurement of probability of default and loss given default
- Stressed assets industry
- Incentivising creditors towards resolution
- Economic impact of insolvency – an international perspective
- Interface with existing laws and
- Institutional development for bankruptcy
The audience for the conference is expected to comprise academics, participants from the legal and financial industry, policy makers from government and regulators.
- Paper submission deadline: 16th March 2018
- Expected date for notification of acceptance: 5th May 2018
- Dates of the conference: 3rd – 4th August 2018
Submission instructions and review
- The papers can have a quantitative, theoretical or policy research focus.
- The papers must be sent as PDF files to Jyoti Manke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submitted papers will be reviewed by the Program Committee, which includes:
- Bindu Ananth, Dvara Research Foundation
- Sumant Batra, Kesar Dass B. & Associates
- Prof. Vikas Chitre, President, Indian School of Political Eonomy
- Omkar Goswami, Chairperson, Corporate and Economic Research Group Advisory Pvt. Ltd.
- M. S. Sahoo, Chairperson, IBBI
- Ajay Shah, National Institute of Public Finance and Polic Finance and Policy
- Cyril Shroff, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas
- I. Srinivas, Secretary, MCA
- Suresh Sundaresan, Columbia Business School
- Susan Thomas, IGIDR
- Bahram Vakil, AZB & Partners
- T. K. Viswanathan, Director (ADR) International Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution and Chairman of the Bankruptcy Law Reforms Committee.
- 10 papers will be selected for the conference
Venue: New Delhi, India.
Accommodation at the conference venue for 2 nights (2nd to 3rd August 2018) will be provided to academic presenters and discussants.
For clarifications, please contact Jyoti at +91-22-28416592 (office) or +91-98205-20180 (cellphone).
About the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI)
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) is the regulator constituted under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016. It was established on 1stOctober 2016, and is responsible for the implementation of the Code, through creating regulations and suggesting amendments to thelaw to ensure the economic outcomes visualised under the Code. URL http://www.ibbi.gov.in
About the Finance Research Group, IGIDR
The Finance Research Group at IGIDR works in the area of quantitative finance, financial sector laws, regulation and policy. Research undertaken by the group spans questions about securities markets, household and corporate finance, insolvency and bankruptcy laws and land and access to finance. The group seeks to play a role in the policy issues and debates in India, both through papers and focused policy and technical notes. In the last two years, teams from the FRG have been the research secretariat for the Standing Council on the competitiveness of the Indian financial system, and the Bankruptcy Law Reforms Committee. The work of the group can be seen at the URL: http://www.ifrogs.org